玩家（player）是用户在游戏中操纵的角色。Each player has an avatar which is the customizable character which represents players in-game. Players have 100 health points, and lose health when taking damage.
The player's appearance can be customized using the character creator, where different aspects of the player can be edited and different themed styles can be applied.
The head of the player model is tilted five degrees up by default due to the fact that users tend to look slightly down while playing video games. This only affects how other players see the avatar and does not change the camera angle.
Different clothing items are worn on different layers; armor will appear on top of all clothes.
The player's avatar can have different facial expressions and perform emotes. Some expressions are activated during gameplay, like gritting teeth when pulling out a sword, but others can be customized and triggered manually.
Many different players on Hytale 's equivalent of the Hypixel server.
An early screenshot of players in a multiplayer server.
- "A sneak peek at Hytale's user interface" – Hytale博客, 2018年12月13日.
- "Custom content in Hytale" – Hytale博客, 2019年8月20日.
- "Cosplay as a cat and more with Hytale's mod tools" Craig Pearson. RockPaperShotgun, 21 August 2019.
- "Humans have a tenancy to align their eyes with the horizon. In Games the horizon is much closer than in real life
This means you tend to walk around with your head tilted down in video games.
In Hytale we manually readjust the head to be about 5 or so degrees up to solve this" – @Noxywoxy在Twitter上发表，2020年5月2日 (六)
- "Its adjusted from the 3rd parties perspective :P." – @Noxywoxy在Twitter上发表，2020年5月2日 (六)
- "Customizing out character in Hytale" – Hytale博客, 2019年2月5日.
- "RPS Presents: The Story Of Hytale | Developer Sessions | EGX Rezzed 2019" – EGX on YouTube, 6 4月 2019