|i||For more general descriptions and technical aspects of this topic, visit Zone on the Hytale Documentation Wiki.||i|
As mentioned in the December 2019 Progress update, it is possible the player will be able to select out of three of the four zones they shall commence in. Although it has not been decided whether or not it will be randomly selected or manually chosen by the player.
Hytale's Zones will also progressively increase in tiers of difficulty the further a player ventures, the quality of the rewards will appropriately scale with the difficulty of the enemies. at the current moment it is known that it only applies to three of the four zones (specifically the first three).
Zone names are not final.
Zone 1 (currently known as "Emerald Grove") It has a lush green surface, lakes and sprawling caves under the surface and hot magma underneath the surface deep underground. It varies between extensive green plains, swamps and forests. Zone 1 embodies the "Earth" element.
Zone 2: (currently known as "The Howling Sands") is an arid environment, with very little vegetation, akin to a vast desert. Large sand-like temples would be present on the land and would have a similar underground structure to Zone 1, only with sand as the main building material instead of stone, and with little to no fresh water. Zone 2 embodies the "Wind" element.
Zone 3: (currently known as "Borea") is a much colder and snowy zone, with large mountains and taiga forests. All life here has adapted to the cold temperatures. Underneath this zone ice, snow and water cover the walls filled with fragile life. Lava is far less likely to appear here. Zone 3 embodies the "Water" element.
Zone 4: (currently known as "Devastated Lands") is a hot, hell-like zone. Scorched stone dominates the land, with lava rivers and lakes covering the surface. However, beneath the surface, the player can descend can find calmer caves with water, lush foliage and various creatures; in the lowest level the foliage and water have consumed the area leaving a dark and dangers place where predators roam. Zone 4 embodies the "Fire" element.
Zone 5: There is nothing known about this zone yet. But it's existence is confirmed. Zone 5 will most likely embody the lightning element.
Zone 6: There is nothing known about this zone yet. Like Zone 5, it's existence is confirmed. Zone 6 will most likely embody the void element.
Other Zone-Like Areas
The Deep Ocean technically isn't listed as a zone, although it stands separate from other zones and has even been described by developers as "a zone all by itself". The deep ocean separates the Infinite Lands from the main continent of Orbis.
In the Ocean exist tropical islands.
- This means that it's possible for your adventure to start in zone 1, 2 or 3. We haven't settled on whether this will be random, or a matter of player choice
- We're rethinking this approach in order to encourage a less linear progression path. Now, the first three zones each contain content at multiple tiers of difficulty, along with appropriately scaling resources and rewards
- These names aren't final, which is why we've been referring to zones by their numbers over the last couple of months. We'll let you know when the finalized names are ready to be revealed.
- Possible zone 1 name appears in concept art
- Possible zone 1 name appears in WorldGen Introduction - Developer Blog (Hytale.com)
- Possible zone 2 name appears in concept art
- Possible zone 2 name appears in concept art (2)
- Possible zone 3 name appears in WorldGen Introduction - Developer Blog (Hytale.com)
- Possible zone 4 name appears in concept art
- WorldGen Introduction - Developer Blog (Hytale.com)